American Welding Society / 11-Mar-2010 / 572 pages
The world's best reference for structural steel welding is now even more valuable! New with the 2010 edition, this code is now on a 5 year revision cycle.
This code covers the welding requirements for any type of welded structure made from the commonly used carbon and low-alloy constructional steels. Clauses 1 through 8 constitute a body of rules for the regulation of welding in steel construction. There are eight normative and twelve informative annexes in this code. A Commentary of the code is included with the document.
Significant changes in 2010 Edition:
- new prequalification variable tables and accompanying commentary added to clarify what variables must be listed on prequalified WPSs and what ranges they are allowed
- matching and undermatching table in the prequalification section was revised to clarify intent
- weld profile requirements were clarified and slightly revised
- shelf bar requirements were added
- thermal cut requirements were changed
- weld access hole and beam cope requirements were revised and clarified
- weathering steel requirements were expanded to include more materials
- three new materials were added to the list of prequalified materials
- issue on CVN qualification was clarified to avoid unnecessary testing
- backing requirements revised to allow discontinuous backing in limited applications
- headed stud requirements revised and clarified for burst cracks
Note: The flashdrive edition allows electronic searching and allows you to display on a single monitor or project the code to a screen for presentations, trainings and discussions. The flashdrive does not support networking, does not allow for print or electronic copies, and does not allow cutting, deleting or other edits of critical code content.